Losing Chess, often also called Giveaway Chess
or Suicide Chess is a chess variant where the goal is to
"lose", i.e. to be left without pieces or moves. Losing Chess is getting
more and more popular, many players discover the beauty and the deepness
of this wonderful game!
The Losing Chess Pages
The Chess Variant Pages Incredibly great Internet pages dedicated to chess variants!
Vincent's suicide chess problems
WWW - Robberchess Play Losing Chess on-line against a computer on 6x6 board.
See also Losing Chess rules for some links to Losing Chess variants.
Some more info on Losing Chess:
- The rules of Losing Chess
- Rules of the game. Several Losing Chess variants.
- Losing Chess strategy and theory
- Losing Chess has very profound strategical concepts. Basic ideas are explained.
- Problems & studies
- Best Losing Chess problems and endgame studies from 1901 to nowadays!
- Annotated games
- Very instructive and beautiful games, well annotated, with diagrams.
- Chess servers supporting Losing Chess
- Chess servers where you can also play Losing Chess:
- US free Internet Chess Server(with the highest Losing Chess activity!)
- German free Internet Chess Server
- Dutch free Internet Chess Server
- Best players
- Top twenty Losing Chess players and programs from the FICS.
- Events and history
- Tournaments, meetings, congresses etc.
- Books and periodicals
- Paper sources with Losing Chess mentioned. (Only this link yet.)
- AISE, NOST, and other organizations
where you can play Losing Chess (correspondence).
- Losing Chess software
- Programs playing Losing Chess:
- Losing Chess Wizard 3.1(a), download demo version!
- Source code of Smate
- Source code of OliPow(a simplified version)
- Source code of Kkenny
- "Rival" - DOS program playing Losing Chess (est. Elo ca. 1700)
- Related Links
- Links to more or less Losing Chess related sites:
Please send your comments and suggestions to me
Losing Chess pages have been visited x times